Tomorrow school finishes for 6 weeks and I can’t wait. It will be nice to be able to spend some time actually being able to write and plan, rather than having to spend my evenings engrossed in marking and preparing lessons. I have another Mike Malone mystery bubbling away – it needs completing. In addition, I have made a few notes for a stand-alone novel, which, if it is successful, might become a new series. I also want to put at least two more of the Mike Malone series out as paperbacks.
So, apart from writing – what other plans do I have?
1. De-clutter the bedroom. This is a job that has been on my to do list for the last few summers.
2. Take my 93 year old father out for day trips.
3. Catch up with friends that I have neglected during term time.
4. Experiment with new bread flavours.
5. Try to read at least one book a week.
6. Catch up on my sleep.
7. Try to visit my favourite nature reserve once a week.
Will I have time to fit everything in?